Skip to Main Content

Newly expanded academic eligibility to live at CTC! Call our office at 651-646-7526 to learn more.

View Now

Board of Directors Corner

Notice of Rent Hearing
Wednesday January 21st at 6:15pm Community Center Kitchen

The University has decided that instead of updating the one bedroom buildings which is very costly,  that they will be gradually removing them from the CTC inventory of available units as the buildings start to need extensive repairs.  The result is that CTC needs to start budgeting for the costs of that decision. The increase in operations has increased rent by 3% and the increase caused by the University decision is an additional 1% for a total of a 4% increase overall. 

It is not a decision of CTC management or the Board of Directors but one that has been decided exclusively by Housing and Residential Life.  The contact person for this decision is Scott Creer, the Housing and Residential Life liaison to CTC.  There will be a rent hearing on January 21st at 6:15 prior to the January board meeting.

Staff as well as the CTC board of directors has tried to delay this decision and look for alternatives with no success, it is not a decision that CTC can participate in. 


The CTC Board of Directors is looking for a few cooperative members who would like to commit to a 2 year term as a board member.  The work of the board is to help work on challenges that affect the members of CTC. If you are interested in this task, and in learning more about how the business works from the inside, the board member job description and application is available online. Completed applications can be submitted to the CTC Office. The new members will be elected at the CTC Annual Members Meeting Spring 2015.

Everyone is welcome to attend the monthly Board meetings to see how the process works. Have additional questions? Feel free to stop in to meet with General Manager Kris Graham for details of the work of the board or email