Skip to Main Content

Newly expanded academic eligibility to live at CTC! Call our office at 651-646-7526 to learn more.

View Now

Co-op CRP Ineligibility

CTC is not required to pay property taxes or make payments in lieu of taxes, in which you are not eligible for a refund via submitting a Certificate of Rent Paid with your tax return.

You will be asked to submit a Certificate of Rent Paid (CRP) when filing your tax return. In conventional rental experiences, this would come from your landlord. Minnesota Law states that rental properties must provide CRPs for all residents if the property/company pays taxes or makes any payments in lieu. However, this does not apply to CTC: the University of Minnesota owns the land which CTC is located, in which our co-op does not pay taxes on the land thus there is no reimbursement given to the co-op nor to our residents. 

We would apologize but this is already reflected in your low monthly rental rate!!!